New record walleye?

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Just heard rumor of a 19 lb eye come out of the river near the baudette airport. Anyone hear this, any truth to the rumor?

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

19 lb is not a world record

superstar
    Breezy Point, MN

OP never mentioned world record, but that would be a state record though.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Quote:

Who said anything about a World record? 17-8 is the state record. If story is true then “New Record Walleye.”

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

I appreciate the insight…thanks for that

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

This rumor is being shipped around most fishing websites today, in response to the zander posted earlier today…I think… NowThats A Fish.

rumored as well. If its true..Congrats to a new state record walleye, although was he fishing on the Ontario side of the Rainy River near the Baudette airport or the MN side. Might be an Ontario record.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That sure is a big fish but where is the shadow???

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

That pic is not from the Rainy….

wildfan9

I was sent the picture today! I know who caught it. It is official. 19.2lbs 35″ !!!!

ariat
    Ottertail Lake,mn

its true I was fishing on my bucket 50 yards away

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Let me guess ariat….you pulled it out of the hole for him?!?!

ariat
    Ottertail Lake,mn

no but I helped him cut it up, he said he was gona take it back to Iowa and cook walleye steaks for his buddies….

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

I was sent the picture today! I know who caught it. It is official. 19.2lbs 35″ !!!!

I hope youre being serious and Im not being gullible… Where can we find information on this? And would you mind posting the pic?

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

Quote:

no but I helped him cut it up, he said he was gona take it back to Iowa and cook walleye steaks for his buddies….

LOL!!! Good stuff right there!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Quote:

you would wouldn’t you….

matthoser

Just got this pic from a freind from S.D. and came here to verify… sounds real. Text said he was fishing Lake of the Woods.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Just got this pic from a freind from S.D. and came here to verify… sounds real. Text said he was fishing Lake of the Woods.

Not that Zander picture again, maybe the Tobin record eye will re-surface as a LOTW record again.

josh a

i believe that is a 25+ pound zander. not a walleye. i can’t find any info anywhere online confirming this 19.2 pound walleye. until i see some sort of proof i’m going to assume it didn’t happen

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

hmm i talked to a friend at the Mn DNR office “fisheries dept” and he haden’t heard anything about it. he actually handles alot of the fisheries and stocking for the northern areas …sounds like another internet record to me. But heck we’ve been known to be wrong before

TheSayler

The easiest way to know is: check the Minnesota DNR website; all state record fish are listed. You can find this for most states.

hunter1723

Where is the picture then? I hate when people do things like this. You are probably the same person that posts on facebook “I had a lot of good things happen to me in my life today”, looking for people to give you attention. Either post it or shut up!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.