Trailer Steps?

• customrodfan
    Twin Cities

I got a new G3 Angler 185F this year. Love the boat, but as I am somewhat “vertically challenged”; I’m finding it tough to lauch and load by myself. I found this online – EZEE Step Boat Trailer steps: http://www.ezeestep.com/index.html

They seem a bit pricey, but are what I’m looking for.

Anybody know of something similar or have any recommendations?

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Boy do I need something like that. It sure would be easier getting out of the boat after trailoring being by myself. What did they want for a set up?

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I’ve been looking too and found that same website. I didn’t find a price on the website though? I just assume they would be spendy since they are custom. I really like the one that the steps are removable. I also would be curious to know if anybody uses this or something else.

casygram
    DeWitt, IA

I looked at the EZee Step and went for a simpler, effective step made by Ve Ve in Ramsey, MN. at a cost of $35. I have a 16 ft. Alumacraft jon boat and it works for me when getting in and out of a trailered boat.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I looked at the EZee Step and went for a simpler, effective step made by Ve Ve in Ramsey, MN. at a cost of $35. I have a 16 ft. Alumacraft jon boat and it works for me when getting in and out of a trailered boat.

Here is a link to Ve-Ve if you want to check them out.

Ve-Ve Incorporated

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I saw those too. I know I am looking for something to step up on, not just along the trailer frame. Something that attaches to the winch post would work I would think.

rodman1
    Monee, IL

I have had a set of three EZ-Steps for close to four years now and wouldn`t be without them. I have a Lund 1800 Fisherman. I had polio and just had a knee replaced a year ago and they have allowed me to keep fishing rivers, often by myself as I am retired. Mark lives down here just outside of Spring Valley and they have become pretty
    much of a standard on the walleye boats on the Illinois.
    They are not that expensive for the materials and workmanship that goes into them. You get back what you pay for. He custom makes them for your boat and your needs. You
    can get one two or three step stepups. I started out with two and went back and got the third when my knee pooped and was able to squeeze in another year before the knife. They
    also allowed me to get back on the water a lot quicker. You
    will see alot of them on the tournament boats/trailers.To me they are not a luxury , they are a requirement for safe
    fishing. A fall off the spare tire or slippery step can end a fishing career or pastime real quick.
    Tom Cooney

casygram
    DeWitt, IA

The winch post/support can be used to secure an extension to help or assist in getting up into the boat. Also in getting out and down. The success is dependent upon how high the boat would be off the ground.

jobobranger

I have a 619 and would not be able to fish alone without these steps. I am also recoverying from hip surgery and they help alot. I don’t think they are pricey as they are well made and built to fit your particular trailer. I didn’t want to save a few bucks to fall on my butt. Mark makes a great product. Give him a call if you have any questions. Mine are 2 years old and still look like new. Jim

customrodfan
    Twin Cities

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. This was the only solution I could find on the web. I did shoot Mark an email and he got back to me right away. Even gave me a ballpark price – I’m leaning his way. I let you know how it all works out.

m_komo
    Downers Grove, IL

This is money well spent! We do a lot of river fishing especially in winter. And these things come in hand.

When I first got my G3 185F, I made the call to Mark and said set me up. They have been great. If you got kids, nothing worse than having em slip from the boat. The Ezee Steps helps them get in and out easily. Plus, the trolling motor is no longer give me pains as I dont need to lean over and hook up or climb out. Keeps the feet nice and dry.

Excellent product too, quality manufactured. From now on all my boats will have Ezee Steps.

JGESox

I agree with Mark. Ezee Steps are built to last and are coated with ‘Rhino liner’ like material that will not chip off. I got three steps for my Lund 1900 Pro V trailer. Keeps my feet dry when winching it onto the trailer and sure makes getting in and out easy and safe. About $100 for each step but you get what you pay for.

JGESox

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

I will not own a boat without them. My first boat had them and last year I bought another boat. The first thing I did was call Mark the day I picked it up. Sent him pictures and mesurments and 1 week later I was bolting them on. I also had him make one for the side my cooler is on, so loading the cooler in the morn is a snap. Sure beats doing that ballerina act at the ramps.Great product and service.

91reddog

Ive had my EZEE STEPS for 4 or 5 years now. Absolutley wouldnt be with out them. I fish from Dec -May on the river, alone most of the time, and no ramps available. This means that I am well equipped with heavy clothes and boots. You will not slip on these steps, but by the same token, you wont use them barefoot either.

I love my Ezee Steps. A friend of mine, just bought a set for his boat also and even though he whined a bit about the price when he got the CC bill, he still raved about them after using them last weekend and cant figure out why he hasnt had them before.

This particular apparatus, when you see how much abuse they take is not a place to scrimp on something of less quality. You can be confident that they will be able to withstand a 250lb man, fully clothed in winter gear and heavy boots stepping off onto them in the dead of winter.
    They will perform.

customrodfan
    Twin Cities

Well, after all of the positive feedback – I’m going to pull the trigger. Mark say’s it will only take a week to 10 days to get them. I sold the Mrs. on the fact that this is a “safety” feature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.