DIY Camo Gun

• scott-k
    Red Wing

So sometimes I’d look at my gun and think that it’s not very good looking…does that change how I shoot? Not really but holding onto a nice looking gun is just like holding onto a nice looking fishing rod. Adds to the fun and pride that all the work I do has brought me something.

So, grabbed my old 870 and followed another guys directions from duckhuntingchat and it turned out great! Started last Wednesday and finished Saturday AM. About 8 hours. Cost was around $45 in paint and supplies.

Now my kids want to camo everything in sight!

Attachments:
    1. image68.jpg

2. image67.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nice job. Really authentic pattern, you should TM it and give it a cool name.

Cripes, my sponge paint job on my coyote rifle looks really lame compared to your work of art.

Grouse

scott-k
    Red Wing

Thank you for the kind words… sometimes just to launch into a project not even knowing how it’s going to turn out and then it turns out just fine. I still have enough paint left over to do two more guns so I’m pretty excited about that as well here’s a few more pics of the process.

Attachments:
    1. image72.jpg

2. image71.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Looks great. I’ve got an old shotgun I need to do something with also. I can’t decide if I should refinish the wood naturally or dip it or paint it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Looks like a great result! It’s always nice when you go into a project like that and it actually works out. )

Sharon
    SE Metro

Very nice! I love camo and I find it’s a hard thing to replicate. That randomness looks so easy, but can be hard to achieve. waytogo

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ve got a muzzleloader that i was going to duracoat myself; but never got around to it. Price was much more than what you mentioned.

Care to share any more details of how you did this, or a link to some instruction?

Looks real nice!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.