Demise of the Ove Glove

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Several years ago, my M-I-L got all the sons/S-I-L’s “The Ove Glove” as a Christmas gift. It was more of a gag gift, but we all ended up loving them, so we got a matching glove for the other hand the following Christmas. They really do work well. I love mine for grilling.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had my Weber stoked up, and I set my glove on the table next to the grill and ran in to grab a plate full of pork chops. Apparently, my beloved Ove Glove blew into the grill, and while they do a great job protecting you from heat, they are not fireproof! Whoops! )

Attachments:
    1. Ove-Glove.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have a pair. Love em! That one looks like the result of a violent accident with a hand in it!!

esoxhunter

My sincere condolences on your loss.

BTW, my M-I-L gave one to me also…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I used to have one and need to get another one. I love how charred and greasy they get from using them. The best part is that they are gloves and not mitts, which is nice when grilling. I just don’t tell Michelle I sometimes same time and flip and move things around with that grimey looking thing.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I feel for your loss. But I would be careful posting this this day in age you may be arrested for improper care of a ove glove.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Oh, and whatever you do don’t replace with the improved ‘steam proof’ Ove Glove. They just aren’t the same. I returned them immediately.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Oh, and whatever you do don’t replace with the improved ‘steam proof’ Ove Glove. They just aren’t the same. I returned them immediately.

Good to know. I would have because I’ve been bitten by steam on multiple occasions!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Good to know. I would have because I’ve been bitten by steam on multiple occasions!

They sew a layer of “something” that sounds and feels like plastic inside the glove. Makes it stiffer. I didnt care for it but you might?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

No thank you. I’ll go old-school.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.