How Rednecks Fish Flatheads

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m sure most remember the flathead cat that had it’s picture circulated world wide a few years back…the one that tried to eat a ball?

I think Redneck recieve one to many of those emails…

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

When I seen the picture I immediately started laughing and told the old lady and she started laughing too. From the size of that ball hes after the big ones forsure and when one works-it will work for another, When you coming down Rich to teach me how its done, tooo much and still laughing.

I can see it now, two guys floating their volleyballs around logjams.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

That’s funny Brian. I remember that picture from a couple years ago. Who would have ever figured out to use a big ball for bait. It’s genious!!!!!!

redneck
    Rosemount

You people laugh but the way the water is coming up I am standing here until the flatheads show up at the bait shop door I want to thank BK for a great night of flathead fishing last night Even an old redneck like me learned a couple things from him on a very tough night of fishing. Thanks again Brian

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

You people laugh

I never once laughed.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Any runs or bites Rich? even a tap?

redneck
    Rosemount

We had one little run. We fished hard but ole Mister Flathead—or Missus Flathead was not in the mood to bite. I have to admit the conversation was good and the time went by way to quickly. You know you are in trouble when you guess the time at 1AM and then look and it is already 2:30. Sometimes fishing is about way more than catching—but there is nothing wrong with catching either

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know what your saying, its nice just to be out and hear those sounds that the river bottom makes at night. It Sharpens the senses and navigational skills too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.